Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DRP using Netbackup Datacenter 3.4

2003-11-04 06:45:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DRP using Netbackup Datacenter 3.4
From: ravisandesh AT lucent DOT com (G R, Ravi Sandesh (Ravi Sandesh))
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:15:08 +0530
Hello All,

We are planning for DRP using NB 3.4 and  StorageTek 9730 Library with 30
slots.
Following is the basic plan we are using , Please let us know if any
pitfalls or tips to make it more efficient.
Any scripts are highly appreciated.

These are the steps we are planning to take:
We have 2 volume pools (OFFSITE1 & OFFSITE2) which will be recycled every
alternate week.

1. Get the unassigned medias using : /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -a -bx
to get the media's with Assigned time=--- .
    Replace these tapes manually with our offsite tapes (Volume
pool:OFFSITE1)

2. Duplicate the last FULL backup to this  volume pool(OFFSITE1) using:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpduplicate -dstunit stk9730 -client
$CLIENT -st FULL -v -L $LOG -dp
    OFFSITE1 -shost $HOST -s $WEEKAGO

3. Set the expiry date to next week for each backup id in the OFFSITE1 pool
media: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -backupid $BACKUPID -d
$EXPIREDATE 00:00:00 -copy
    2 -force

Questions:
Should we also duplicate the catalog backup.Or in case of any disaster, Can
we just import these DRP tapes to a new NB server and get the data
What is the procedure for restore

I will summarize,

TIA,
Ravi