Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting without vault?

2003-11-03 13:05:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting without vault?
From: dlowenst AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Dave Lowenstein)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:05:49 -0800 (PST)
I have nb business server 4.5 fp3 and a small autoloader with 9 tapes. I
am interested in removing some tapes from the autoloader and replacing
them with blanks. When I need to do a long term backup I would like to
then like to put in the 'long term' tape for the duration of the backup,
and then remove it again, replacing it with the prior tape.

how do i do this without accidentally deleting tapes?

is it possible to remove tapes from the loader but keep them in the
catalog?

Dave Lowenstein
Analyst/Programmer
Instructional Technology Services