Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ERR: Removable Storage Management: unable to export database (WIN32 1058)

2003-10-22 12:45:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ERR: Removable Storage Management: unable to export database (WIN32 1058)
From: jbenson AT neurome DOT com (Jon D. Benson)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:45:03 -0700
Greetings

I have see the following error in my logs lately:

<snip>
     TIME            SERVER/CLIENT                      TEXT
10/19/2003 18:23:44 media_srv/master_srv from client master_srv:
                     WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable to export
                     database (WIN32 1058: The service cannot be started,
                     either because it is disabled or because it has no
                     enabled devices associated with it. )
</snip>

Basically I think I know why the message is occuring (WIN32 1058 is a
generic windows error that a service failed to start), but I am not sure
how to clear it. What happened is that I removed a DTL library from my
master_srv. I think NBU is still looking for that library. Perhaps the
answer is as simple as changing the Netbackup Device Manager Service to
Manual or Disabled?  Perhaps I missed a step while removing the old
robot? Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
Jon D. Benson
Network Systems Administrator