Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IIS backups

2003-10-21 17:56:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IIS backups
From: Ajay.Sharma AT hostcentric DOT com (Ajay Sharma)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:56:08 -0400
Hi All,

What is the recommended process to selectively backup and successfully restore
iis configurations on a similar or differnent system incase of a disaster. We
backup selective data on our system running windows2000 with iis servers. IIS
has a lot of virtual directory configurations stored in the metabase. I know
backup of %systemroot%\winnt\system32 is recommended alongwith contents of
wwwroot. Are there any other files/folders that needs backup to make the
recovery faster and less painful.

Thanks,

Ajay Sharma
Hostcentric Inc.