Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How much data backed up in one year?

2003-10-17 06:59:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How much data backed up in one year?
From: plblists AT iotk DOT com (Peter L. Buschman)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:59:26 +0200
Don't forget that bpimagelist only shows unexpired data.  If any of your
retention periods are less than a year, that backup volume
won't show up in this total.  The only way to keep record of historical
backup traffic is to archive the statistics on a regular basis.

I haven't done a full comparison, but if duplication data is present, then
you will need to total up the fragment and copy sizes rather
than the size returned for the main image record.  I've had trouble getting
the fragment sizes for just copy 1 to match the size of the
image record as well.

--PLB