Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Getting two drives to work under veritas netbackup datacenter

2003-10-14 20:07:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Getting two drives to work under veritas netbackup datacenter
From: brounb AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:07:45 +1000
on Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:47:58PM -0400, Cecil Hypolite <chypolite AT acm DOT
org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a tape library that contains 2 sdlt drives, with each drive capable
> of 11 MB/Sec. This library is connected to the backup server. We have a
> client that backups up 500 GB of data to this backup server, the backup
> server and the client is on a gigabit network. When data is being backed
> from the client to the server the backup rate is only around 9 MB/Sec, and
> the tape library is only using one drive to do this backup. I would like to
> use both drives during the backup so that I can get the backup rate of both
> drives combined, 18 - 22 MB/Sec. I checked the drive configuration with the
> tpconfig command and such and the drives are or seemed to be configured
> correctly, also the library is configured to use 2 drives.
> Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
> Cecil Hypolite

So the storage unit has "maximum concurrent drives" set to 2? Under the
global properties of the master server you have "maximum jobs per client"
to be 2? Do you have more than 1 policy for the client so that more than
one job can be kicked off - if you dont have this you will need "allow
multiple data streams" for the policy. I find it best to have separate
policies for separate disks to ensure that your not hitting the same disks
with different data streams.

after making changes to netbackup you might need to restart the services.

BB