Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] windows 2003

2003-10-14 14:14:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] windows 2003
From: kdeems AT parker DOT com (kdeems AT parker DOT com)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:14:24 -0400
What kind of tape drives are you using?  We have 9840's. What kind of
errors did you see?  We got a lot read write errors which say 'resource is
busy' when we plugged our 2003 media server in the SAN.  We have an open
case with Microsoft.  They have basically admitted its a Windows 2003
issue. Has anybody tried the Q-Logic card?

|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          "Gardner, Jesse"   |
|        |          <Jesse.Gardner@stor|
|        |          aenso.com>         |
|        |                             |
|        |          10/14/2003 02:05 PM|
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     "'Adcock, Matt'" <Matt.Adcock AT gsccca DOT org>, "'Toelken,
William'" <ToelkenW AT aetna DOT com>, "Gardner, Jesse"   |
  |       <Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com>, kdeems AT parker DOT com,
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu                             |
  |      cc:
                                          |
  |      Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] windows 2003

In both of my working Windows 2003 servers, we have two HBA's for dual-path
redundancy to the SAN.  Only one of the cards is in the same zone as the
tape library, however.

The driver issue I alluded to was that we naturally installed the newest
Emulex LightPulse 8000 driver.  It didn't work.  We found that going back
the 7/21/2002 driver allowed everything to work fine.  A coworker mentioned
that he had talked to Emulex about this, and that it is a known problem..
the next version of the driver will be corrected.

Jesse