Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Question

2003-10-09 11:59:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Question
From: barry-keyword-vnbu.88dffd AT lustig DOT com (Barry Lustig)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:59:40 -0700
The vmquery returns normal information for the tape.

Here is what I just did:  I create a volume pool called test.  I moved
the problem tape to the test volume pool.  I create a policy with an
override to use only the test pool and started a backup.  I got the
following:

                unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none
available(96)

Here is the output from vmquery:

========
media ID:              R302L1
media type:            1/2" cartridge tape (6)
barcode:               AKR302L1
media description:     Added by Media Manager
volume pool:           Test (4)
robot type:            TLD - Tape Library DLT (8)
robot number:          0
robot slot:            3
robot control host:    neo
volume group:          00_000_TLD
vault name:            ---
vault sent date:       ---
vault return date:     ---
vault slot:            ---
vault session id:      ---
created:               08/28/2003 02:34:06 PM
assigned:              ---
last mounted:          09/06/2003 09:45:47 PM
first mount:           08/28/2003 02:48:54 PM
expiration date:       ---
number of mounts:      2
max mounts allowed:    ---
========