Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog to diferent tapes every day

2003-09-29 08:11:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog to diferent tapes every day
From: max.booth AT ubs DOT com (max.booth AT ubs DOT com)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:11:10 +0100
Stefanos,

The info is stored in the netbackup/db/config/sync file on the master, but I
*believe*
editing this can cause the bpbackupdb process to fail with checksum errors so
wouldn't recommend it.

Assuming that the bpbackupdb process takes the same arguments on Windows
as it does on Unix, I'd do the following (from the media server that's
performing the
backup):

Mount the tape using tpreq:

tpreq -ev TAPE_NAME -d dlt -p NetBackup 'c:\program files\netbackup\TAPE_NAME'

Call bpbackupdb:

bpbackupdb -tpath 'c:\program files\netbackup\TAPE_NAME' -rv TAPE_NAME

Unmount the tape:

tpunmount 'c:\program files\netbackup\TAPE_NAME'

Wrap it all up in a script with appropriate error handling and that should do
it.  You can
then set TAPE_NAME based on the day of the week and so on.

In addition:

 - You should set the catalogue backups to be run 'manually' only.
 - You should really call this script when there is NO other backup/duplication
activity
   going on, perhaps from within the session_notify script.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

max