Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cutting Edge SRM Backup Reporting Software

2003-09-30 12:58:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cutting Edge SRM Backup Reporting Software
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:58:26 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C38773.5F0F6F93

We are also demo'ing Aptare and I can answer some of these questions for you:

- Can't remember the cost off the top of my head
- It is licensed by # of master and media servers plus # of tape drives
- It installs on its own web server (solaris or red hat) and the master server
pushes info to it via port 80
- The web server uses Oracle 9i
- We are spec'ing out a Sun 280r w/ 2 processors + 4 gb ram for ours and we
have 700+ clients

Hope this helps,

Harry S.
Atlanta

"Winter, Todd" <todd.winter AT intel DOT com>
09/30/2003 12:24 PM