Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restore question

2003-09-29 18:32:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restore question
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:32:28 -0700
Here are the twists to an otherwise obvious question...

NDMP backup and restore
Source is not destination filer
Source dir is not destination dir

So here's the problem.  I want to restore the directory structure that
exists on one filer to another filer but one level lower.  So here's
layout:

Sourcefiler:/vol/foo/
                                Huge-long-list-of-directories

Destinationfiler:/vol/foo/corp/
                                Huge-long-list-of-directories

My backup operator has been talking with Veritas support and so far
they're saying a dir structure restore is not possible.  That would be
disappointing.  Even more disturbing is that getting the above location
definition is proving difficult since it wants to lay down the source
path *under* the destination top-level.

Anyone able to confirm the validity of a dir-only restore?  Also any
suggestions for the dest layout on NDMP?  I don't think this is an NDMP
problem but I could be mistaken.

Thanks.

~JK