Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery to different hardware

2003-09-29 14:07:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery to different hardware
From: SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:07:35 -0600

--=__PartACF2E6F7.1__=

Deactivate all your classes/policies - this will keep "bpsched" from
trying to count up drives on storage units that are inaccessible.

-sj

>>> "Hillebrand, Bradly W." <bhillebrand AT fhlbi DOT com> 9/28/2003 7:55:22
AM >>>

Yes, it is a part of a DR test.  This part involves using the off-site
copies to restore the business critical servers.  I have a server in
another location that is on a separate (non-routed) subnet so that I
can
bring up my master media server with the same name and IP.  It is a
Win2k box running NBU DC V4.5 FP5.  The services were running when I
deleted the robot & drives with tpconfig.  I also stopped/started the
services with bpdown & bpup after doing so.  I have five san media
servers (two solaris and 3 win2k) that I deleted.  I didn't see any
errors when I did this.

Thanks for your help!

Brad Hillebrand