Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Workaround for Netbackup 4.5 and Red Hat 9

2003-09-29 12:02:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Workaround for Netbackup 4.5 and Red Hat 9
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:02:32 -0400
The following workaround appears to work for us.  We do NOT suggest it
will work for you, but since Veritas has, in our opinion, dropped the
Netbackup support ball on our RH foot, perhaps it is of some interest...

    cheers, wayne

Netbackup v4.5 vs. RH9

The problem:

     Because of some library issues when some Netbackup 4.5 executables
are run in RH9, a message is produced on stdout. The Netbackup server
doesn't tolerate this message and the backup or restore process is
terminated. The message is: Incorrectly built binary which accesses
errno, h_errno or _res directly. Needs to be fixed.

The workaround:

     It appears to be sufficient to strip this message out. Netbackup
processing continues.

The details:

     *

       cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin; mkdir rh9fix
     *

       mv bpbackup bpbkar bpcd bpclimagelist bplist rh9fix
     *

       create an executable named rh9fix.sh as:

       #! /bin/bash

       # Wrapper script  to get rid of message:
       #Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno or _res
directly. Needs to be fixed.
       #
       # Message throws netbackup server off...

       progname=$(basename $0)
       /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/rh9fix/$progname | tail +2

     *

       create links for moved executables as follows:

       ln -s rh9fix.sh bpbackup
       ln -s rh9fix.sh bpbkar
       ln -s rh9fix.sh bpcd
       ln -s rh9fix.sh bpclimagelist