Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery to different hardware

2003-09-28 09:55:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery to different hardware
From: bhillebrand AT fhlbi DOT com (Hillebrand, Bradly W.)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 08:55:22 -0500
Yes, it is a part of a DR test.  This part involves using the off-site
copies to restore the business critical servers.  I have a server in
another location that is on a separate (non-routed) subnet so that I can
bring up my master media server with the same name and IP.  It is a
Win2k box running NBU DC V4.5 FP5.  The services were running when I
deleted the robot & drives with tpconfig.  I also stopped/started the
services with bpdown & bpup after doing so.  I have five san media
servers (two solaris and 3 win2k) that I deleted.  I didn't see any
errors when I did this.

Thanks for your help!

Brad Hillebrand