Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New Veritas installation sizing

2003-09-26 11:55:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New Veritas installation sizing
From: steven.jenner AT psineteurope DOT com (Steven Jenner)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:55:57 +0100
Hi,

I have been tasked with replacing the Veritas solution on site but cannot
find any information on sizing with regards to the master and media servers.
Currently I have one master server (HP N class) and two media servers (HP R
Class) controlling 19 DLT8000 drives in  a StorageTek L700 tape library.

I was thinking of replacing these servers with three Sun V280R servers but
am unsure as to how to spec them up, number of processes, memory, storage
capacity etc.

We are backing up approximately 300 servers within a 10 hour backup window
which are a mixture of UNIX (mainly Solaris) and Windows machines with a
couple of Linux servers for good measure. I would be grateful if anyone out
there had any suggestions as to best spec to achieve decent performance.

Regards,

Steve.