Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpend_notify runs before backup is done, policy is using multiple data streams..

2003-09-24 14:13:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpend_notify runs before backup is done, policy is using multiple data streams..
From: WBedour AT lear DOT com (BeDour, Wayne)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:13:35 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C382C7.91A72920

Running HP-UX 11.i ,  NetBackup Datacenter FP 4, master server with a
SureStore 4-40 attached and a media server with a SureStore 20-700 attached.
Until now we have had no need to use the bpend_notify scripts but now I have
to set one up.  In my testing I am running a policy that has 4 streams and
produces 4 NetBackup jobs.  From everything that I have found what I should
see is my bpend_notify script running at the end of each job/stream so I
should see output from 4 bpend_notifys.  What I am getting is at the end of
the first stream all the output (e-mails and notification files) created for
all the streams with the same times.  The 3 other jobs will complete later
but I am not getting any notification from them.  I need to know when all
the jobs are done not just one stream.
The policy has "Allow multiple data streams" checked and the backup is
working fine.
Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.....

Wayne BeDour
IT Unix System Administrator
PH: 313-240-3374  FAX:  313-240-3065
Outlook:  wbedo
Internet:  wbedour AT lear DOT com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C382C7.91A72920

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: " hb_focus_attach="true">
<DIV><SPAN class=051410218-24092003><FONT face=Arial size=2>Running HP-UX
11.i&nbsp;, &nbsp;NetBackup Datacenter FP 4, master server with a SureStore
4-40
attached and a media server with a SureStore 20-700 attached.&nbsp; Until now
we
have had no need to use the bpend_notify scripts but now I have to set one
up.&nbsp; In my testing I am running a policy that has 4 streams and produces 4
NetBackup jobs.&nbsp; From everything that I have found what I should see is my
bpend_notify script running at the end of each job/stream so I should see
output
from 4 bpend_notifys.&nbsp; What I am getting is at the end of the first stream
all the output (e-mails and notification files) created for all the streams
with
the same times.&nbsp; The 3 other jobs will complete later but I am not getting
any notification from them.&nbsp; I need to know when all the jobs are done not
just one stream.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=051410218-24092003><FONT face=Arial size=2>The policy has
"Allow multiple data streams" checked and the backup is working fine.&nbsp;
</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=051410218-24092003><FONT face=Arial size=2>Has anyone seen
this
or have any ideas?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=051410218-24092003><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks in
advance.....</FONT></SPAN></DIV><!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Wayne BeDour</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>IT
Unix System Administrator</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>PH:
313-240-3374&nbsp; FAX:&nbsp; 313-240-3065</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial
size=2>Outlook:&nbsp; wbedo&nbsp; </FONT><BR><FONT face=Arial
size=2>Internet:&nbsp; wbedour AT lear DOT com</FONT> </P><BR>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **