Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - quick feature overview

2003-09-22 17:43:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - quick feature overview
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:43:10 -0500
--=_alternative 00774E9986256DA9_=

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 09/22/2003 11:20:29 AM:

> Here's a quick list, pulled from a Veritas presentation last week.
Caveat
> emptor, this is pre-release info & subject to change:

> # Re-packaging
> "Netbackup Business Server" becomes "Netbackup Server" and gains some
> default features (pretty much no limits except for there is only one
> combined master/media server (no other media server allowed).  The
features
> that require more than one media server, like SSO, therefore are
disabled.

> "Netbackup Datacenter" becomes "Netbackup Enterprise Server"
>

>From speaking to our account rep, it looks like there will no longer be
any restrictions with the number of clients that can be used with the new
"Netbackup Server". One will still need to buy the client license, which
should cost about the same as a current Datacenter client.

--=_alternative 00774E9986256DA9_=

09/22/2003
11:20:29 AM:<br>
&gt; Here's a quick list, pulled from a Veritas presentation last week.
&nbsp;Caveat<br>
&gt; emptor, this is pre-release info &amp; subject to change:<br>
</tt></font>
&gt; &quot;Netbackup Business Server&quot; becomes &quot;Netbackup Server&quot;
and gains some<br>
&gt; default features (pretty much no limits except for there is only one<br>
&gt; combined master/media server (no other media server allowed). &nbsp;The
features<br>
&gt; that require more than one media server, like SSO, therefore are
disabled.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &quot;Netbackup Datacenter&quot; becomes &quot;Netbackup Enterprise
Server&quot;<br>
&gt; <br>
</tt></font>
will no longer be any restrictions with the number of clients that can
be used with the new &quot;Netbackup Server&quot;. One will still need
to buy the client license, which should cost about the same as a current
Datacenter client.</tt></font>
--=_alternative 00774E9986256DA9_=--