Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Performance Evaluation and Tuning

2003-09-19 21:26:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Performance Evaluation and Tuning
From: royhcunningham AT netscape DOT net (Roy)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:26:38 -0400
I'm about to launch into a significant exercise in assessing the
performance and capacity of a specific
Netbackup configuration and wonder if there are tools, tips, etc on the
best way to go about it.
Specifically, I need to assess a SUN V880 running Solaris 8, Netbackup
4.5 and backing up directly to a
locally attached (SCSI) LTO tape library with 2 drives and 20 tapes.

Chief metrics I need to monitor and trend include CPU busy, I/O rates to
the tape and disk drives and elapsed time
to back up "x" number of gigabytes.

Any tips, tools, experience, etc will be appreciated.

Roy