Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I change retention period of existing backups

2003-09-19 09:18:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I change retention period of existing backups
From: Mark T Wragge" <storage AT ttt DOT ie (Mark T Wragge)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:18:19 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C37EB8.E0071A70

 I have a number of clients which had a once off backup with a retention =
period of infinity.  I would like to remove these backups (to decrease =
the size of my catalog). What is the best way to do this?  Is it as =
simple as deleting the volumes that these backups were written to.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C37EB8.E0071A70

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;I have a number of clients which =
had a once=20
off backup with a retention period of infinity.&nbsp; I would like to =
remove=20
these backups (to decrease the size of my catalog). What is the best way =
to do=20
this?&nbsp; Is it as simple as&nbsp;deleting the volumes that these =
backups were=20
written to. </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C37EB8.E0071A70--