Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Separate backup network?

2003-09-18 11:09:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Separate backup network?
From: pcd AT xinupro DOT com (Peter DrakeUnderkoffler)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:09:30 -0400
Don't have a write-up I can share, but if your network is tapped
while the backups are taking place so that your tape drives
are not at their maximum throughput capabilities, then it
might be worth it.  If the above is happening, are you also missing
windows for backups?  Are other business applications hurting
on the network side while backups are taking place?   If you are
doing a restore during the day, does that tap out the main network
so business slows down?  You don't have to have all your systems
on the backup network, you could split it up between front
end and back end if that is a concern.

Thanks
Peter