Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Advance Reporter

2003-09-17 15:20:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 Advance Reporter
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:20:42 -0400

----=_NextPart_ST_15_20_51_Wednesday_September_17_2003_30814

Dennis,

We also looked at Advanced Reporter initially and did not go with it becaus=
e it wasn't very flexible or easily customizable. We also looked at third p=
arty products which included offerings from Aptare, Bocada and Tavata. Afte=
r going through the evaluation process we opted to go with the Aptare produ=
ct, which we will be installing here within the next week or so. I urge you=
 to look at all the possibilities because I can see viabilities in all thre=
e (depending on the make-up of your environment). The Aptare product seemed=
 to come closest to suiting our needs. You might find one of the other prod=
ucts may better suit your needs.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Manager, Systems Software
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

"Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it r=
ight

>>> Dennis Caparas <dcaparas AT borland DOT com> 09/17/2003 1:53:12 PM >>>
Hi admins,

Master server is Solaris 9 runnning Netbackup 4.5 MP3 .
My managers are looking for a reporting tool which can give some pretty goo=
d statistics.
Please give your opinion about the Advance Reporter ( benefits, functionali=
ty..etc.)

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

----=_NextPart_ST_15_20_51_Wednesday_September_17_2003_30814

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>Dennis,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We also looked at Advanced Reporter initially and did not go with it
because it wasn't very flexible or easily customizable. We also looked at t=
hird=20
party products which included offerings from Aptare, Bocada and Tavata. Aft=
er=20
going through the evaluation process we opted to go with the Aptare product=
,=20
which we will be installing here within the next week or so. I urge you to =
look=20
at all the possibilities because I can see viabilities in all three (depend=
ing=20
on the make-up of your environment). The Aptare product seemed to come clos=
est=20
to suiting our needs. You might find one of the other products may better s=
uit=20
your needs.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis F. Dwyer<BR>Manager, Systems Software<BR>Tampa Electric=20
Company</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(813) 225-5181&nbsp; - Voice<BR>(813) 275-3599&nbsp; - FAX</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Visit our corporate website at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.tecoenergy.com";>www.tecoenergy.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Time is not a test of the truth"<BR>Translation: Just because you've
always done it that way, doesn't make it right<BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Dennis
Caparas &lt;dcaparas AT borland DOT com&gt; 09/17/2003 1:53:12 PM
&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>=
Hi=20
admins,<BR><BR>Master server is Solaris 9 runnning Netbackup 4.5 MP3 .<BR>M=
y=20
managers are looking for a reporting tool which can give some pretty good
statistics.<BR>Please give your opinion about the Advance Reporter ( benefi=
ts,=20
functionality..etc.)<BR><BR>Thanks in=20
______<BR>Veritas-bu=20
maillist&nbsp; -&nbsp; Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu";>http://m=
ailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu</A><BR><BR></DIV></BODY><=
/HTML>

----=_NextPart_ST_15_20_51_Wednesday_September_17_2003_30814--