Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CPU Utilization

2003-09-17 09:35:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CPU Utilization
From: boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:35:05 -0500
On a solaris box, you can use the "iostat" command. I just learned this
yesterday, and it's pretty useful.

:)

- Paul

>>> "Yosifovski, Tammy" <Tammy.Yosifovski AT usfc DOT com> 09/12/03 10:03AM >>>

Happy Friday everyone.

Can anyone tell me where I can get some benchmark stats on CPU
utilization for Netbackup?  I would like to know how much NetBackup is
affecting(consuming resources) a Windows NT/2000/2003 box during a
backup.  Also on Solaris boxes.  Is this exponential per stream?

Your help/knowledge is appreciated.

This e-mail is the exclusive, private and confidential property of the sender.
The
information contained in it is intended solely for the use of the sender and the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
advised that
any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action
in
reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received
this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (call the USF
Corporation Technical Support Center at 1-800-753-4563) and then destroy this
document and any copies in any form immediately.  Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. USF
Corporation
email.

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
OIT/NDIS -  University of Minnesota