Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java gui (jnbSA) and job monitor

2003-09-16 14:12:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java gui (jnbSA) and job monitor
From: boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:12:41 -0500
Please tell me more about wdc ? ? ? I have never heard it explained clearly in
detail.

>>> "Steve Jenkins" <Steve.Jenkins AT SPARROW DOT ORG> 09/16/03 01:10PM >>>
There's something in the release notes about a bug in the java software.
 the notes list a patch you can apply, but their recommendation is to
use the Windows Desktop Console (wdc) instead of the java gui.  We
switched and haven't had any complaints.

           Steve

>>> "Paul Boatman" <boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu> 9/16/03 1:51:19 PM >>>
I have never heard of that. Did this start after FP3 or has it been
acting like that since the 4.5 upgrade ? ?

- Paul

>>> "Cornely, David" <David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com> 08/14/03 11:47AM >>>
I've scowered the archives and support website from Veritas without
luck so
I'm hoping someone here has some insight into this.  We're running
NBU4.5
FP3 on a Solaris 8 Master.  When using the java gui and viewing the
activity
monitor the top one third of each row is cut off, making it difficult
read.  Has anyone else seen this and if so, is there a quick fix?  I'm
not
too familiar with Java so any help is appreciated.

TIA,

-Dave

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
OIT/NDIS -  University of Minnesota