Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5: restore hangs

2003-09-16 13:58:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5: restore hangs
From: boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:58:19 -0500
What kind of image (multiplexed etc.. ?)

What OS is the client running ?

What does activity monitor show (vs. Task Progress)

Are you able to do a test restore to a different location ?

Are all other restores working ?

>>> Casey J Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu> 09/12/03 05:23PM >>>
Howdy gang,

It's been a long rough week and I'm getting nowhere fast with this one.
This is the first time I've seen this happen, but I'm trying to do a
restore, and my restore is hanging.  The task progress stuff in the
GUI hasn't listed anything since:

'Restore started 09/12/2003 15:01:16'

Log files so far haven't yielded anything great.  Oh, and the
activity monitor simply shows the job as queued.  My library
is up and vmoprcmd shows the drives as being up.  I'm just
not seeing any errors or anything except that the job is Queued.

Can anyone give me a good starting point or some things I can
check as to why the restore isn't kicking off?

Thanks for your help,

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
Willamette University, Salem, OR