Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with 4.5MP3/MP5 and W2K Machines

2003-09-16 08:10:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with 4.5MP3/MP5 and W2K Machines
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:10:13 -0400
Shahar.Shaynis AT ecitele DOT com wrote:

>Hello Gurus!
>
>Lately we did a few changes in our NT environment.
>
>1) Upgraded all W2K to SP3
>2) Installed the Microsoft Fix for the Blaster problem
>3) Switched from Norton Antivirus to Virus Scan 7.
>

>Since then we experience allot of problems with backups that hang, start
>working and do nothing but occupy the que and
>prevent other jobs from being executed, which leads to 196 (Backup Window
>Exceeded).

 We're just starting to implement NetBackup with our W2K servers, and
we've run
 into a similar problem.  Our server is running NetBackup 4.5.5 under
Solaris 8.  At
 this point, the server can communicate with the client, but as soon as
the client
 starts up a backup stream, it just hangs (e.g. it looks like it's
starting to
 transfer data, but it just sits there forever).  We've got about 20
unix based
 clients that work without problems.  We've also tested the client on
some XP systems
 which also work ok, so it seems to be something specific to the W2K boxes.

 I'm getting ready to put a support call into Veritas, so I'll post a
followup as
 soon as I find out what's going on.

John

--