Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error code 98 Oracle filesystem (file already exists) only on 1 of 2 servers.

2003-09-10 09:30:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error code 98 Oracle filesystem (file already exists) only on 1 of 2 servers.
From: boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:30:21 -0500
Hey guys,

We are getting Status 98 errors on some PRODUCTION Oracle filesystem backups.
When we change the policy and backup to our media server (vs. master server)
the backup runs successfully, so the problem is isolated to our master
server...(probably not good). The error is "Error Requesting Media, File
Already Exists)

We already have a ticket opened with Veritas, but we are getting NOWHERE with
them on this.  Any information would be helpful !

Thanks,

Paul

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
OIT/NDIS -  University of Minnesota