Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Prioritizing Restores over Backups in 4.5

2003-09-10 08:40:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Prioritizing Restores over Backups in 4.5
From: boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:40:24 -0500
I am very interested in this as well. We have had a few issues with this
lately. Leaving a few drives "inactive" in case of a potential restore is NOT
an option. Because of lack of slow backup speeds, we operate at 110% during the
backup window. :( We also would like to be able to have restores take priority
(when queued)

Thanks,

Paul

>>> <williams.k.1 AT pg DOT com> 09/09/03 08:27PM >>>
Does anyone know of a way to make restores that are queued, along with
other queued backup, to run next?

We currently have a problem when all of our devices are in use and we kick off
a restore. I know that the restore will get queued up, but I want to make sure
the restore kicks off as soon as a drive is available. I do not want a queued
backup to jump in there and take up the free drive.

Has anyone run into this type of problem?

Thanks,

Kris

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
OIT/NDIS -  University of Minnesota