Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] standalone media servers

2003-09-09 09:59:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] standalone media servers
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:59:05 -0600
Here's my script that pages with pending requests.  It should be put on cron
on a short cycle, like every 10 minutes or so.

It'll page when a tape is requested & becomes part of the pending requests,
it'll track through its use, then page again when the tape is removed from
the lists (ie: done being used) so it can be reshelved.

-M

$ cat auto_pendcheck
#!/bin/sh

PATH=$PATH:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
PATH=$PATH:/usr/openv/volmgr/bin:/usr/openv/local
export PATH

PENDFILE=/tmp/`basename $0`.PEND.$$
LIVEFILE=/tmp/`basename $0`.LIVE.$$
HISTFILE=/tmp/`basename $0`.HIST
TMPFILE=/tmp/`basename $0`.TMP.$$

MAILADDR="PAGER AT SERVICE DOT COM"

>$TMPFILE
[ ! -f $HISTFILE ] && touch $HISTFILE
vmoprcmd -d pr | awk '$1~/[0-9]/ {print $3}' >$PENDFILE
vmoprcmd -d ds | awk '$8=="Yes"  {print $6}' >$LIVEFILE

#If PEND not in HIST then new tape - send alert
for tape in `cat $PENDFILE`
do
  if [ `grep -c $tape $HISTFILE` -eq 0 ]
  then
    #New tape PENDING - Track it and send mail
    echo "Netbackup requests tape $tape." | mailx -s "NB_PEND: $tape"
$MAILADDR
    echo "$tape" >>$TMPFILE
  fi
done

#If HIST not in LIVE or PEND then tape done - else still in use
for tape in `cat $HISTFILE`
do
  if [ `grep -c $tape $LIVEFILE` -eq 0 -a `grep -c $tape $PENDFILE` -eq 0 ]
  then
    #Tape we were tracking is gone - must be done...
    echo "Netbackup is done with tape $tape." | mailx -s "NB_DONE: $tape"
$MAILADDR
  else
    #Tape we were tracking is mounted or still pending - continue to track
    echo "$tape" >>$TMPFILE
  fi
done
mv $TMPFILE $HISTFILE