Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, HTML messages

2003-09-08 12:43:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Veritas-bu digest, HTML messages
From: brigance AT us.ibm DOT com (Les Brigance)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:43:17 -0500

Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] Rotating Tapes
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

I'd first like to tell you that I don't find using HTML in
this mailing list a good practice, and in general in the
UNIX world, because it makes the text barely readable with
all the codes and increases its size while reducing briefness.
I also received your e-mails in my personal box, and first
deleted them without being able to read them thinking they
were blank.
I believe (this is my opinion, though) that standard text is
the quickest, most efficient way to write messages, because
it doesn't need CPU and time consuming web browsers and will
reach the full audience no matter what mailer they use,
even on the legendary DEC PDP-11/70 at Bell Labs :-) ...

Many folks have limited size mailboxes and may never even get the chance
to see some of their email due to exceeding that limit.
It also makes it difficult or impossible to figure out what is
needed/wanted.
IMHO it would be desirable to have the list master delete any HTML sent to
the list.

As I say, just my 2 pennies worth.

thanx for reading,
Les