Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robot inventory without barcode reader

2003-09-08 11:32:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robot inventory without barcode reader
From: veritas AT hisser DOT org (Furry Cat)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:32:11 +0100 (BST)
With regard to the command you are thinking of - there is "vmphyinv" that will
mount each tape in turn and read the header, but this is only present in the
Feature Pack (FP) versions of 4.5. Takes a while too!

--

I have NB 4.5 MP5 installed with a ADIC Faststor library WITHOUT barcode
reader. How do i inventory the library with new tapes. The library has 7