Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] User backup necessary ?

2003-09-05 12:49:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] User backup necessary ?
From: scottd AT HanoverDirect DOT com (Deiter Scott)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:49:50 -0400
We are closer.  here is what is planned.  I'm looking for better ideas.

  Major Update job finishes and leaves a completed file on the system.

  4 am job scheduler stop oracle loop (if completed file is on system)

  Set the netbackup schedule to start from 4 till 12 on Saturday

  bpstart_notify will poll oracle from 4 till 12 on Saturday.
    if stopped proceed with the backup.
    else many ugly emails.

because we use multiplexing we will run many instances of bpstart_notify.
I really doesn't matter but it would be nice to only run one.

Also we will have to increase the time for BPSTART_TIMEOUT to 36000
This is normally a ten hour window on Saturday when the backups start.

>From   Scott Deiter
        Hanover Direct, Inc.
        Tech services
        (717) 633-3298