Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Writing 2 clients to one tape drive

2003-09-03 08:52:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Writing 2 clients to one tape drive
From: VNKONNUR AT kcc.usda DOT gov (Venkatesh Konnur)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:52:09 -0500
Hi ,
I am facing similar issues as you have. We have 2 Clients backing up to the
same storage mnager . Both the clients use the same policies but backing up to
the same storage Manager...

I do get lot of meesages in the log file as:

22:33:02 INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server kcax09
22:33:37 INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server kcax09
22:34:10 INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server kcax09

I am not sure How can I resolve this and if it has to do with 2 clients being
backed up to same storage manager..The multiplexing on both the clients are
setup to 3.

Thanks
Venaktesh

>>> <scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com> 08/29/03 10:35AM >>>
it should still work with two different clients from two separate
policies.  something else within the policies was causing this.

were the different policy's schedules configured to have the same
retentions, did they both have 2 for mpx on their schedules, were they
using the same storage unit, were they using the same volume pool?

- Scott

Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
08/26/2003 04:05 PM