Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VSP wierdness

2003-08-29 13:15:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VSP wierdness
From: jimh AT federaledge DOT com (Jimh)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:15:38 -0700
Look here for description of VSP

http://eval.veritas.com/downloads/edu/instructor_articles_052003.pdf

Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of Johan
Redelinghuys
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 12:38 AM
To: Jon D. Benson
Cc: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] VSP wierdness

Hi

The problem seems to be the snapshot that VSP (OTM) makes. This snapshot
is created in the form of a virtual drive. When done it disappear. It
happens especially when the backup window goes over midnight.
SENARIO: Backup to start at 22:00 and will run until 02:00. Drives C:
and D: to be backed up (ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES). Backup Window from 22:00 to
03:00. When bpsched resets at 24:00 it then rescans the backups and
finds that the backup that started at 22:00 with "ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES" is
still running, but it now has a drive E: (the VSP/OTM snapshot). It then
tries to start a backup for it.

JR