Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Change Master Server Hostname

2003-08-29 11:20:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Change Master Server Hostname
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:20:12 -0500
--=_alternative 005445C286256D91_=

At Vision in the "futures" session, they mentioned the distributed Media
DBs changing to a central db in a later release.  Hoping we'll see it in
5.0, but I'm not holding my breath.

Not only does this remove some of the "awkwardness", but they also
mentioned a media server being able to use any assigned media, not just
ones assigned to him, because they're no longer assinged to a specific
media server.  This makes media allocation (i.e. assignment) within the
library much more efficient in an environment with a large number of SAN
Media Servers... no more "out of available media" errors when the library
is full of half used tapes that are assigned to some other media server
(and can't be used by this particular one).

- Scott

"Shafto, Eric" <Eric.Shafto AT drkw DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
08/29/2003 06:26 AM