Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Onbar restore

2003-08-29 10:05:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Onbar restore
From: VNKONNUR AT kcc.usda DOT gov (Venkatesh Konnur)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:05:52 -0500
Hi,

we would like to restore from E-6500 to our new E-6800 Sun server. The source
and target server would have both IDS9.3.UC3 version with same Netbackup
Veritas versions of 3.4 installed.

Is it possible to restore from Onbar level-0 backup taken from E-6500 to E-6800
(new server)if all the dbspace layouts are same as E-6800 server.

I know we would need to copy ixbar.0 and oncfg.SERVERNUM.0 file from E-6500 to
new E-6800 server...

But, when we asked out system admin. This was his response...

We cannot restore from onbar....the 6800 will not be the "master" NetBackup
server as he is in the current environment.  In this new environment he will
simply be a media server thus he cannot do his own restores.  He needs the
master server to do them.  The master server will be another sun box on the FSA
web farm.  That box isn't capable in it's current state of reading DLT media.

Please let me know if above stated is correct or we can still restore from
level-0 onbar backup...I think we should be able to restore if we could get the
ixbar.0 and oncfg.SERVERNUM.0 file from the source server over to target server
E-6800.

Thanks in advance.
Venaktesh