Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multistream bpstart + bpend

2003-08-27 14:33:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multistream bpstart + bpend
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:33:06 -0500
--=_alternative 0065E7EF86256D8F_=

I'm now thinking it would be nice if bpstart and bpend would be able to
check a specific stream. IE: if /opt stream was successful run script x.
if it wasn't don't run script x.

Maybe that is something veritas will implement sometime in the future.

Karl
veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 08/27/2003 12:33:47 PM:

> Hi Karl
>
> I have some multi stream bpstart/end at work, I can mail them to you if
you
> are interested.
>
> Regards
> Michael
>

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:44:41 -0500, Karl.Rossing wrote
> > Maybe i should have been more descriptive.
> >
> > option a)
> > I'd like to shut my progress DB down(bpstart) and then start it up
> > again once the backup is done (bpend), I'd like to run a script on
> > netbackup clients and only start up if the backup was successful.
> >
> > option b)
> > I'd like to shut my progress DB down copy the db's(bpstart), start
> > up the server again(in bpstart), I'd like to run a script on
> > netbackup clients and it doesn't need to know if the backup was
successful.

> > I guess i might be asking for alot.
> >
> > Too bad there is no NB progress DB client.
> >
> > veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 08/11/2003 01:19:41
> > PM:
> >

> > > the bpstat and bpend scripts did not work with multiple streams on
3.4.

> > > Does it work any better under 4.5?
> > >
> > > An example of your bpstart and bpend script would be much
appreciated.

> > > Thanks
> > > Karl
>

> --
> Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)

--=_alternative 0065E7EF86256D8F_=

bpstart and bpend would be able to check a specific stream. IE: if /opt
stream was successful run script x. if it wasn't don't run script x.</font>
implement sometime in the future.</font>
08/27/2003
12:33:47 PM:<br>
&gt; Hi Karl<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I have some multi stream bpstart/end at work, I can mail them to you
if you <br>
&gt; are interested.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Regards<br>
&gt; Michael<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:44:41 -0500, Karl.Rossing wrote<br>
&gt; &gt; Maybe i should have been more descriptive.<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; option a)<br>
&gt; &gt; I'd like to shut my progress DB down(bpstart) and then start
it up <br>
&gt; &gt; again once the backup is done (bpend), I'd like to run a script
on <br>
&gt; &gt; netbackup clients and only start up if the backup was successful.<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; option b)<br>
&gt; &gt; I'd like to shut my progress DB down copy the db's(bpstart),
start <br>
&gt; &gt; up the server again(in bpstart), I'd like to run a script on
&gt; &gt; netbackup clients and it doesn't need to know if the backup was
successful.<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; I guess i might be asking for alot.<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; Too bad there is no NB progress DB client.<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 08/11/2003
01:19:41
&gt; &gt; PM:<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; the bpstat and bpend scripts did not work with multiple
streams on 3.4. <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Does it work any better under 4.5? <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; An example of your bpstart and bpend script would be much
appreciated. <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Thanks <br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Karl<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt; Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; <br>
</tt></font>