Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mailbox backup of exchange server very slow - where to look?

2003-08-26 21:52:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mailbox backup of exchange server very slow - where to look?
From: len.boyle AT sas DOT com (len boyle)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:52:38 -0400
Our exchange admins say just do not do mailbox backups.

Our exchange folks have increased the length of time that deleted items are
kept to cover most of the need to restore deleted mail with end-user tools.

For older mail, you can do a redirected restore of the database. With
exchange 2003, microsoft makes this easier
 with the redirected restore to the recovery storage group.

len