Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] suggested HP-UX server for NB 4.5

2003-08-26 09:34:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] suggested HP-UX server for NB 4.5
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:34:55 -0700
Greetings, all.

We're currently running NB 4.5 piggybacked on our test machine here at
work, which is a pretty buff HP5470. The boss would like to have us
split the backup function off to a new 5470, but is really
cost-conscious. What would a suggested low-power 5470 config be?

We're running one robot, and maybe 12 clients; a mix of Red Hat, NT,
Netware, and other HP-UX boxes. Our total thruput is currently around
100/GB for daily backups, and about 300/GB on the weekends.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

TIA,

-dd