Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] L700 Tape Library

2003-08-21 09:50:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] L700 Tape Library
From: john_sherman AT ml DOT com (Sherman, John (MLIM))
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:50:19 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C367EA.A72F422A

Have you tried the L700 Horizon interface? You assign an IP address and when
you place it in a browser, It spawns a GUI that has information about the
drives / slots / FSC errors etc.
Opening the door is iffy when it comes to VNB and while you may get away with
it, there are no guarantees that it won't come back to bite you. I have had
this experience and I found that the Horizon
GUI is a handy way to "see" inside the L700 , w/o an intrusive open door
procedure.

Just my 2 cents; if what your doing is working, more power to you ......