Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup dilemma

2003-08-16 18:52:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup dilemma
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:52:10 +0200
I can't see anything wrong in the calculations except that you can't expect
to get 100Mbit/s data over a normal 100Mbit/s network.

The most simple way to solve part of your problem is to buy a Gbit switch
and some Gbit NIC's.

You could also attach the tape drives directly to the server and install a
media server on it (but that cost more then buying a small Gbit/s switch)

/johnny