Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multistream bpstart + bpend

2003-08-11 14:44:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multistream bpstart + bpend
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:44:41 -0500
--=_alternative 0066F79286256D7F_=

Maybe i should have been more descriptive.

option a)
I'd like to shut my progress DB down(bpstart) and then start it up again
once the backup is done (bpend), I'd like to run a script on netbackup
clients and only start up if the backup was successful.

option b)
I'd like to shut my progress DB down copy the db's(bpstart), start up the
server again(in bpstart), I'd like to run a script on netbackup clients
and it doesn't need to know if the backup was successful.

I guess i might be asking for alot.

Too bad there is no NB progress DB client.

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 08/11/2003 01:19:41 PM:

> the bpstat and bpend scripts did not work with multiple streams on 3.4.
>
> Does it work any better under 4.5?
>
> An example of your bpstart and bpend script would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Karl
--=_alternative 0066F79286256D7F_=

descriptive.</font>
and then start it up again once the backup is done (bpend), I'd like to
run a script on netbackup clients and only start up if the backup was
successful.</font>
copy the db's(bpstart), start up the server again(in bpstart), I'd like
to run a script on netbackup clients and it doesn't need to know if the
backup was successful.</font>
client.</font>
08/11/2003
01:19:41 PM:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; the bpstat and bpend scripts did not work with multiple streams on
3.4. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Does it work any better under 4.5? <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; An example of your bpstart and bpend script would be much appreciated.
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks <br>
&gt; Karl</tt></font>
--=_alternative 0066F79286256D7F_=--