Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Netback 3.4 an Apple OS xServe

2003-08-08 12:00:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Netback 3.4 an Apple OS xServe
From: Richard.Mickle AT rms.moorewallace DOT com (Richard.Mickle AT rms.moorewallace DOT com)
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:00:56 -0500
--=_alternative 0058009386256D7C_=

I am not positive of when it was added but we had and original 3.4 install
patched up to 3.4.1_3 that had the client installed on the UNIX systems
Client directory.
There were issues with pushing it out from the Solaris server to the Mac
OSX Server client.  It did not work.  I obtained a work around for
installing it.  We never used it in a production environment, but we
tested it, and it worked as well as the other UNIX clients do.

As a side note, we have since upgraded to 4.5 FP 3, and pushing out the
Mac OSX server client still didn't work on an secure UNIX server, even
thought the manual indicated it would and had instructions on how to do
it.  We had to install locally from CD.

|Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:48:36 -0500
|From: "Paul Boatman" <boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu>
|To: <tech_geek AT mac DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
|Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netback 3.4 an Apple OS xServe
|
|As far as I know, you must have upgraded to 4.5 in order to support MAC
OSX. By the way the OSX client actually |installs under the OSX "terminal"
window.

|Has any come across a NetBackup 3.4 client for Apple Mac OS X?
|I believe there is support for this under 4.5, but we have not upgraded
|as yet.
|
|TIA
|
|Gregory Floro

Richard Mickle
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator
Response Marketing Services
A Division of Moore Wallace North America, Inc.
E-Mail:         Richard.Mickle AT rms.moorewallace DOT com
Phone:        920-339-1695
Cell Phone: 920-366-1987
Fax:             920-339-1807

--=_alternative 0058009386256D7C_=

we had and original 3.4 install patched up to 3.4.1_3 that had the client
installed on the UNIX systems Client directory.</font>
the Solaris server to the Mac OSX Server client. &nbsp;It did not work. &nbsp;I
obtained a work around for installing it. &nbsp;We never used it in a
production environment, but we tested it, and it worked as well as the other
UNIX clients do.</font>
4.5 FP 3, and pushing out the Mac OSX server client still didn't work on an
secure UNIX server, even thought the manual indicated it would and had
instructions on how to do it. &nbsp;We had to install locally from CD.</font>
|Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:48:36 -0500<br>
|From: &quot;Paul Boatman&quot; &lt;boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu&gt;<br>
|To: &lt;tech_geek AT mac DOT com&gt;, &lt;veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu&gt;<br>
|Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netback 3.4 an Apple OS xServe<br>
|As far as I know, you must have upgraded to 4.5 in order to support MAC OSX.
By the way the OSX client actually |installs under the OSX &quot;terminal&quot;
window.<br>
|&gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;tech_geek AT mac DOT com&gt; 08/07/03 03:37PM &gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
|Has any come across a NetBackup 3.4 client for Apple Mac OS X?<br>
|I believe there is support for this under 4.5, but we have not upgraded <br>
|as yet.<br>
|TIA<br>
|Gregory Floro<br>
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator<br>
Response Marketing Services<br>
A Division of Moore Wallace North America, Inc.<br>
E-Mail: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Richard.Mickle AT rms.moorewallace DOT
com<br>
Phone: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;920-339-1695<br>
Cell Phone: 920-366-1987<br>
Fax: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 920-339-1807<br>
--=_alternative 0058009386256D7C_=--