Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network Timed Out (status 41). Cannot Backup! Ma jor problem!

2003-08-07 13:51:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network Timed Out (status 41). Cannot Backup! Ma jor problem!
From: TsiamisP AT unisystems DOT gr (Tsiamis, Panagiotis)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:51:45 +0300
Hi Katerina,
It seems that a lot of the answers are focused in the multiple bpbkar32
processes. That is certainly an issue (and the answers did provide some info
I was not aware of), but going back to "status 41" error, there is a quite a
lengthy discussion on it in the Troubleshooting Guide (I have the one for
UNIX, but I think the Windows one should be the same).
Without wanting to replicate all the info in it, the guide does mention
something about "bpbkar client process  hanging on a file that has mandatory
locking set" (oh... and there is another mail that has just come mentioning
OTM just now!), and something about the %TEMP% directory filling up.
There is of course some more there (and I don't claim to be the expert or a
wise guy here) and it might be worthwhile to check them out.
If you have already done so, please ignore this message.
In any case, it would be interesting to know how it all turns out for you.

Regards,

Panos