Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ssh X11 forwarding and jnbSA

2003-08-06 15:05:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ssh X11 forwarding and jnbSA
From: john.meyers AT wright DOT edu (John Meyers)
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:05:12 -0400
Hi Jon.

Not sure if you ever found an answer to this or not, but thought I would
post this
in case anyone else can make use of it.

I'm currently running 4.5.5 under Solaris 8 and was able to successfully
tunnel the java
interfaces via OpenSSH 3.5p1 (or p2?).  In order to do so, you'll need
to set the following
environment variable prior to running jnbSA or jbpSA,

    setenv NO_AWT_MITSHM true                  # csh
or
    NO_AWT_MITSHM=true; export NO_AWT_MITSHM    # for bourne shells

Hope this helps,

John