Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robtest script

2003-08-04 16:50:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robtest script
From: Joost Mulders <mail AT j-mulders.demon DOT nl> (Joost Mulders)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:50:29 +0200 (CEST)
>Have a customer who would like to script robtest to load a tape after
>regular backups are finished, load a certain tape into a drive and then run
>a 'manual' backup of their NBU server via ufsdump to that drive.  Does
>anyone have any experience with scripting robtest?

The robtest command is a wrapper script that calls tl[d48dhm] for different
types of robots. The tl* commands accect input from stdin, so you can say:

 echo "m s13 d1" | tldtest -r /dev/sg/c3t0l0 -d1 /dev/rmt/0cbn

This will load the tape in slot 13 into drive 1. If you do a ? within
tl*test, you'll get all the options. I have a shell lib of functions that use
tldtest heavily. It's only for TLD lib's on though. You can use it like:

 # ksh
 # . ./nbu-env.sh
 # load_media B10000

There is even a function called "dr_prepare" in it that selects a tape from a
pool, mounts it in a free drive, and dumps all ufs/vxfs fs's to it + a
report. So, create a pool, fe called DR, and do a dr_prepare -p DR and your
set! It's at http://www.j-mulders.demon.nl/netbackup/nbu-env.sh

Succes!

Joost
--