Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Write protected tapes ?

2003-08-01 04:34:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Write protected tapes ?
From: joe AT spamcop DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:34:28 +0200
Depending on your version NBU handles scratch tapes differently. I think
from NBU 4.5 FP3 it moves tapes that become empty to the SCRATCH pool
(wouldn't live without this myself)
If you for some reason have write protected tapes that now have been moved
to the SCRATCH pool I would expect to see this.

I have never myself had the situation of using write protected tapes under
NBU, so I can't say that I am 100% sure.

You say that you always use new tapes. What do you do with the old ones?

/johnny