Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Making catalog backup config changes via command line in scripts

2003-08-01 10:41:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Making catalog backup config changes via command line in scripts
From: avivausa AT yahoo DOT com (Anthony Guzzi)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:41:03 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1116048541-1059748863=:17813

Hi, all.

I'm trying to script my own tape duplication and vaulting routines for
NetBackup Datacenter 4.5 MP4 (running under Solaris 8).  I've been able to work
almost everything out except how to change what tapes are used to do the
catalog backup.  I can identify what tape was used to do the most recent
catalog backup as well as a replacement tape.  What I can't figure out is how
from the command line *in a non-interactive way* [read 'totally scripted'] I
can change the catalog backup config and have it stop using the tape used to do
the most recent catalog backup and starting using the tape I've selected as a
replacement.  Given that NB seems to have a lot a undocumented commands (by
'undocumented', I mean not mentioned in the SAG nor do they have a 'man' page),
I'm hoping one of them will enable me to do what I want.  Thought?

Anthony J Guzzi
Systems Administrator
Aviva Life Insurance Company
108 Myrtle Street  North Quincy  MA 02171
aguzzi AT avivausa DOT com

--0-1116048541-1059748863=:17813

<DIV>Hi, all.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm trying to script my own tape duplication and vaulting routines for
NetBackup Datacenter 4.5 MP4 (running under Solaris 8).&nbsp; I've been able to
work almost everything out except how to change what tapes are used to do the
catalog backup.&nbsp; I can identify what tape was used to do the most recent
catalog backup as well as a replacement tape.&nbsp; What I can't figure out is
how from the command line *in a non-interactive way* [read 'totally scripted']
I can change the catalog backup config and have it stop using the tape used to
do the most recent catalog backup and starting using the tape I've selected as
a replacement.&nbsp; Given that NB seems to have a lot a undocumented commands
(by 'undocumented', I mean not mentioned in the SAG nor do they have a 'man'
page), I'm hoping one of them will enable me to do what I want.&nbsp;
Thought?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P><B><FONT face=Arial size=2>Anthony J Gu</FONT><FONT face=Arial
size=2>zzi</FONT></B> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>Systems
Administrator</FONT> <BR><B><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>Aviva Life
Insurance Company</FONT></B> <BR><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>108
Myrtle Street&nbsp; North Quincy&nbsp; MA 02171</FONT> <BR><I><FONT face=Arial
color=#000000 size=2>aguzzi AT avivausa DOT com</FONT></I> </P></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
SiteBuilder</a> - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
--0-1116048541-1059748863=:17813--