Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 9840 tape drive question

2003-07-31 07:49:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 9840 tape drive question
From: spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us (Spearman, David)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:49:05 -0400
David,

Depends on a lot things but for openers which 9840? A, B or C model. If
A or B is it scsi or san? At the moment we are running 9840A scsi
attached drives (10 in an L700 silo). We only use nine maximum at an
average throughput of 90mb/s in a mixed w2k,unix environment. 78
machines of varying age, most at 100 full network speed, a few up to
2gb. The other pressing concern is of course do you have the horsepower
to feed the drives? Big pipes, fast processors and lots of memory.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.