Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpadm error when trying to view a list of files

2003-07-30 09:20:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpadm error when trying to view a list of files
From: Louis-Luc Le Guerrier <leguerri AT Canr.Hydro.Qc DOT Ca> (Louis-Luc Le Guerrier)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:20:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,
I've done an upgrade to NB 4.5 on my Solaris 9 server, and
now I have a problem viewing the lists in 'bpadm'.

I want to do a restore, and type 'u' at the main menu,
then 'r' for "restore", and 'b' for "backup ...". I select
the path and the source and destination clients, ...
When I do 's' to select the files I want, the screen blanks
with "Querying server..." message at the top left, as it
should. If the list is short, I get it OK, but if the list
is long, I wait about 4 to 5 minutes and would finally get
the list, but now instead, the message "Exit status allocation
failes" prints on the next line and I get back to 'bpadm' main
menu.

Anyone knows what happens? Before my upgrade I was running
3.4 ok, and now I did an upgrade to NB 4.5, then I applied
the most recent patches from the web site, and then I
installed a NB 4.5 Service Pack 3 which I got. That one also
required me to remove the NB 4.5 package..

Thanks.
Louis-Luc