Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] reading from MUX tape from cmdline

2003-07-29 14:59:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] reading from MUX tape from cmdline
From: RMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:59:52 -0400
I have a media server and down unable to restore it and need to pull a
specific
file from the tape.  The image db shows that this file was backedup.  I used
tpreq to mount the tape to /tmp/mytape and I am reading contents using
/usr/open/netbackup/bin/tar -tvf /tmp/mytape.  I have to running this
command over
and over as it seems to stop listing randomnly.  I haven't been able to find
the
file I need so far and I suppose it has something to do with the fact that
it is
a multiplexed tape.  Please advise.  Here is the relative image file entry.

1112 0 18 54 57929 1 0 0 59768832 /etc/name_to_major 33188 root other 2632
1059242171 1059241441 1059241441